The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for driving growth and revenue by generating leads in target markets, following up and qualifying leads, sourcing “whale” type opportunities, and coordinating with regional sales managers and the inside sales team to ensure successful conversion of leads into sales. The BDR plays a crucial role in expanding the company’s customer base and maximizing revenue through the identification and pursuit of high-value opportunities. The primary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for this position is the number of “whale” opportunities generated.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in sales or customer service, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to actively listen and engage with customers.
- Proficiency in using CRM software, sales tools, and other relevant technology.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, target-driven environment.
- Familiarity with the products and services offered by the company and a willingness to continually expand product knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Some/minimal travel availability as needed.
To fulfill the KATTSAFE team’s promises in providing maximum reliability with minimum fuss to our customers which results in an above and beyond customer experience.
Key Performance Indicator
- # of Quotes sent per week
- # of Qualified Leads per week
- # of Calls per week
- # of Meetings per week
1: Quote Creation
- Create accurate and competitive quotes for customers based on their requirements and pricing guidelines.
- Collaborate with sales team members and relevant departments to gather necessary information for quote creation.
- Ensure timely delivery of quotes to customers, following internal processes and procedures.
2: Inbound Lead Follow-up/Qualification:
- Respond promptly to inbound leads received through various channels (phone, email, website, etc.).
- Engage with potential customers to understand their needs, qualify their requirements, and determine the appropriate solutions.
- Provide product information, address inquiries, and overcome objections to generate interest and move leads through the sales pipeline.
3: Outbound Calls
- Conduct proactive outbound calls to prospects within specified markets to generate new leads and opportunities.
- Introduce company products and services, identify customer needs, and position appropriate solutions.
- Schedule appointments, product demonstrations, or virtual meetings to further the sales process.
4: Virtual Meetings
- Conduct virtual meetings with potential customers to present product offerings, demonstrate features, and address specific customer needs.
- Effectively communicate product value propositions and benefits, and answer questions or concerns to drive customer engagement.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop tailored sales presentations and product demonstrations.
5: Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing contractor-type accounts.
- Understand the unique needs and requirements of each account and provide personalized support.
- Proactively engage with accounts to identify opportunities for upselling, cross-selling, and customer retention.