Purpose of the Job Role
To support management by maintaining financial records, assisting with month end and accounts receivable, prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements. Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
AR Key Performance Indicator and overall profitability
Good communication skills. Motivated to improve processes. Must be data driven and analytical. Early-starter, self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule to meet goals. Ability to establish credibility, respect and trust from staff and external business partners. Excellent organizational skills, good attention to detail. Must be willing to react to demands quickly and politely. Excellent at identifying challenges and providing solutions.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field. Advanced proficiency in Excel. Previous professional accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing type environment. Experience with manufacturing ERP system. Infor Syteline or any Infor ERP system would be very beneficial.
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in alignment with our Financial Managements guidance
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciles company credit card statements and allocates charges to correct department and GL account.
- Develop systems and processes to improve efficiencies in a small, but growing accounting team
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends
- Ensure Receivables are kept within terms and follow up on outstanding Receivables weekly.
- Ensure Payables are entered and paid on time weekly
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures and processes for accounting related tasks
- Prepare daily, weekly & monthly operational reports explaining material, labor and overhead efficiency and productivity costs in comparison to plan
- Suggest new or updated internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation
- Initiate banking wires and positive pay uploads
- Assists the Operations Manager for annual physical inventory and weekly cycle counts; work with the operational resources responsible for these processes to assure timely and accurate financial reporting implications
- Assist with sales tax management in multiple states as required