KATTGUARD® Warning Line Systems
Because falls are one of the most common construction workplace accidents, establishing a rooftop fall hazard warning line system ensures workers stay safe — starting from when they access the roof either by ladder or hatch.
Create a Permanent Roof Fall Hazard Warning Line
One way to protect workers is with warning line systems. These systems, which go around the rooftop work area, provide a clear signal that workers are nearing a hazardous or unprotected side or edge. Along with defining where unsafe rooftop areas are, these warning lines can also alert workers to spots where they can work without safety nets, harnesses or guardrails. This explanation is how OSHA Section 1926.501 defines a warning line.
A warning line system needs to include a high-visibility material and have marks at 6-foot intervals. These features help workers clearly see the areas they need to keep a safe distance from.
Warning lines don’t provide any kind of physical restraint but rather serve as a visual reminder of unprotected rooftop areas. This definition means roof safety lines warn workers of areas where falling is a risk, but the system will not prevent them from falling. Therefore, roof warning line systems work best when they are part of a comprehensive fall protection system. For example, you can install KATTGUARD™ aluminum roof guardrail systems for continuous fall protection closer to the roof edge.
Provides High Visual Warning of a Fall Hazard
The KATTGUARD™ permanent warning line system provides a high visual warning of a fall hazard. The Aluminum posts are positioned every 15 to 30 feet and connected with a plastic-coated stainless steel cable with aluminum danger pennants every 6 feet. These specifications meet OSHA 29 CFR 1910.28(b)(13)(ii) for fall protection at construction sites.
Your roof safety line must meet these requirements to be OSHA compliant:
- Placed around all sides of the roof work area.
- Used 15 feet or more away from the roof edge.
- Meet or exceed OSHA setup requirements.
- No work activities between the warning line and the roof edge.
- No employees crossing the warning line.
The setup requirements include:
- Having the line flagged with a visible material that’s spaced 6 feet apart.
- Supporting the warning line to keep it between 34 inches and 39 inches from the surface.
- Rigging the warning line to resist a minimum of 16 pounds of force.
- Ensuring the warning line has a minimum tensile strength of 500 pounds.
Why Choose a Customizable Roof Warning Line System?
When warning line systems are installed in hazardous areas on your rooftop, they offer these benefits:
- Keep workers safe: Roof warning line systems help workers stay vigilant when working on walking or working surfaces. The warning line indicates an unprotected roof edge or hole is nearby, so workers know to avoid those hazards.
- Cost-effective: Since warning line systems use less material than other types of fall protection products, they are a cost-effective option. These systems are also built to last, helping you save money in the long term.
- Compliance: Warning line system fall protection will keep your company compliant with OSHA standards.
Purchasing a KATTGUARD™ warning line system also means you can take advantage of our minimum lead time, easy delivery and easy on-site assembly. Our trusted solutions help keep your business in compliance while educating you and your workers on the importance of rooftop safety.
Permanent Warning Line System
The WL31 roof safety line is our warning line system for metal roofs. This product has two mounting types available — self-sealing rivets or non-penetrating seam clamps. Both mounting types offer the same OSHA compliance and high visual awareness to ensure people are kept at a safe distance from fall hazards.
For metal decks and standing seam roofs, we offer an aluminum base that spans multiple roof profiles and can be fastened down every 15-30 feet. These poles are connected with plastic-coated stainless steel cables. Aluminum danger pennants are attached to this cable every 6 feet to make the cable more visible.
WL31 is a modular system, so you can arrange the components into virtually any configuration. You can customize this warning line product to fit what your job site requires.
Our KATTGUARD™ freestanding warning line for membrane and built-up roofs features a plastic-coated steel weighted base that is completely non-penetrating and sits on top of the roofing membrane. Aluminum posts are placed 15-30 feet apart and connected by a plastic-coated stainless steel cable. Aluminum danger pennants are attached to this cable every 6 feet to make the line more visible.
Various mounting options are available to suit different roof types and profiles. Since the modular system can fit virtually any configuration, you can customize the WL32 warning line system to your specific application.
Keep Your Site Compliant With the KATTGUARD™ Warning Line System
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulates when and how warning line systems can be used. For example, OSHA details regulations regarding how to use these systems with low-sloped roofs and what products these warning line systems can be used alongside.
Here at FIXFAST USA, we understand the guidelines and have created a range of warning line systems built with these specifications in mind, allowing you to keep your job site compliant no matter which solution you choose.
KATTGUARD™ Warning Line can be combined with KATTGUARD™ guardrail to create an OSHA-compliant roof safety system. Guardrails can be installed in high-traffic areas, access points and other fall hazard areas, and warning lines can be located in the low-traffic and low-risk areas to form a controlled access zone. With larger facilities, this combination can seriously reduce overall costs while still providing the required safety.
Why Partner With FIXFAST USA for Your Warning Line System Fall Protection?
FIXFAST USA offers “Maximum Safety with Minimum Fuss” for roofing contractors. We have been a family-owned business since 1975 and go above and beyond to ensure our customers get home safely. Our roof safety line products are compliant with OSHA standards, so you can trust that your workers will be protected on the job.
When you get a permanent roof warning line from FIXFAST USA, you’ll also benefit from our:
- Minimum lead time: We have the most responsive quoting, so you’ll get your fall protection products quickly.
- Easy delivery: FIXFAST USA will deliver your roof safety line directly to you.
- KATTCARE: We can send one of our technicians to your work site to supervise the installation. They’ll train your team on the installation process and answer any questions you have.
Experience Maximum Safety and Minimum Fuss With a Customizable Roof Warning Line System
Our rooftop fall hazard warning line systems keep your rooftop workers safe day in and day out. We make finding the right system simple with our responsive customer service team. If you have any questions, be sure to fill out our contact form, and we’ll be in touch with you soon.
Interested in receiving a quote on our warning line systems? Reach out today and we can help you get started.