Purpose of the Job Role
To create operational excellence for KATTSAFE USA
General Manager/AU Operations Manager
Operations Team, including the Production, Procurement and Warehouse teams
Good communication skills. Motivated to improve processes. Self-starter, self -motivated, and ability to manage and drive own schedule to meet goals. Ability to establish credibility, respect and trust from staff and external business partners. Excellent organizational skills, good attention to detail. Must be willing to react to demands quickly and politely. Excellent at identifying challenges and providing solutions.
Experience in leading people preferably within a production environment. Good computer knowledge, good knowledge of the English language including reading and writing, A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, or a related operations discipline or commensurate combination of education and experience. Experience in Lean Manufacturing and minimum of 5 years operations management experience. Knowledge of Warehouse Management systems. Knowledge and experience in ISO certification.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent preferred; or a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience required. Lean certification preferred.
This position exists to create operational excellence in the Production, Procurement & Warehouse teams.Your responsibility is to implement a solid framework and team that will improve and maintain the overall efficiency of the Operations Team to ensure ‘maximum flow’ of product and profits and ‘minimum fuss’ for our customers.
- Take overall responsibility for the operational strategy and goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Participate with Senior Management to establish short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Support rapid organizational growth with strong detail and process orientation
- Work with QA, Scheduling, and Shipping to organize and direct work schedules to meet customer requirements and customer ship dates.
- Coordinate globally with KATTSAFE sister companies and flow of goods
- Oversee all production processes to a standard of service that is outstanding with a rapid turnaround of product
- Oversee the maintenance of the production and warehouse equipment to minimize down time and optimize efficiency
- Develop, direct execution and continuously improve departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with other KATTSAFE Group Managersas necessary.
- Contribute to development of and supervise internal Quality Management System
- Liaise with suppliers, manufacturers, customers as needed
- Assist in the recruitment of new Operations Personnel to ensure that any new members will improve the team.
- Work within the budget agreed with the General Manager
- Provides clear, consistent expectations of a safe work environment throughout the plant to ensure safety policies and procedures are communicated, understood, and followed. Lead by example
- Assess each team member’s performance and capabilities. Set appropriate training and personal development plans to develop leadership skills
- Drive and support continuous improvement utilizing Lean, Six Sigma, and Problem-Solving methodologies.
To fulfil the Fixfast team’s promises of providing maximum reliability with minimum fuss to our customers.