FIXFAST GOLD Support: on-site safety consultation for project efficiency
What’s the value of having a manufacturer’s technician on-site to guide equipment installation? When it comes to rooftop safety, it boils down to accuracy, efficiency, and peace of mind for all involved.
We see projects run remarkably smoother when we demonstrate the proper set-up and use of products, resulting in better educated and well-equipped workers. It’s one of the reasons why FIXFAST provides an on-site service, our GOLD Support offering. It’s efficient, ensuring OSHA and FIXFAST compliance, but it also helps reassure that the site as safe as it can be.
Under the GOLD Support package, a sales tech travels to your site to:
- Assist with the layout, depending on the system type
- Demonstrate installation techniques and tips
- Provide training to workers and the system user, if required
- Supervise installation according to OSHA standards
- Perform final inspection, depending on the system type
Both contractors and the end-user clients benefit from having a product expert’s assistance. With workers receiving direct training and instruction, contractors can operate more efficiently. And because the equipment is installed properly with manufacturer approval–often more stringent than OSHA in many cases–contractors can feel secure in a program that reduces liability.
The client has the assurance of manufacturer oversight, quality control for the investment, compliance and possibly training from a source they can trust.
Support tiers for various budgets and applications
The cost of GOLD support is dictated by project scope, location, and system type. It provides great coverage, but it isn’t your only option. We offer support tiers to accommodate your needs:
- Bronze support: FIXFAST ships the product, provides instructions and is available for phone support, but the contractor installs equipment without manufacturer on-site support.
- Platinum support: a FIXFAST technician team installs products and/or systems on-site, which may include wall mounting hardware, shipment of product to site and final inspection. The cost of this turn-key approach depends on geographic location.
Why you need support
When it comes to safety, you don’t know what you don’t know–but we do. For more than 40 years, FIXFAST has provided safety consultation to nearly every general industry and application. We’d prefer that you learn from our experience instead of facing preventable trauma on your project.
The scenarios that lead to injury or death on work sites are surprising. Consider: of the 574 fatal work injuries that occurred in 2013, 3 of 5 falls occurred from a height of 20 feet or less (source: U.S. Dept. of Labor). Moments that seem unsuspecting, when there doesn’t appear to be any risk, are actually the most dangerous–especially when they distract. Accidents happen often in situations just like these:
- Taking pictures of a roof and falling through a skylight
- Walking while taking on a cell phone, only to step off the roof
- Slipping out of a harness due to improper use
When accidents happen, everyone on the project is affected in some way. The disruption can undermine workers’ confidence, put you behind schedule and add legal ramifications. Investing in partnership and protection via the FIXFAST Support Program helps you positively control the work environment, gaining:
- Greater morale and productivity
- Insurance deductions
- A consistent safety set up that reduces cost from regular or frequent contractor visits
- Reduced damage to roof substrates, copings, and gutters
- OSHA and manufacturer compliance–a double safeguard
Project parameters are challenging enough without factoring in how to best secure and protect workers in elevated work spaces. Find out more about the FIXFAST Support Program today!