What can you expect from this year’s National Safety Congress & Expo? You’ll see the industry’s most innovative safety equipment and solutions on display, including FIXFAST’s KATTGUARD Aluminum Guardrail Systems, KATTCLIMB Fixed Ladders, and KOMBI Stair and Step Bridges. But it’s also one of the best opportunities to hear from global safety experts about best practices and progressive thinking in workplace safety.
The event takes place from Sept. 23-29 at The Indianapolis Convention Center, offering attendees educational choices that include more than 100 technical sessions and 1-4 professional development seminars per day, with tracks on subject matter that includes:
- Emerging issues
- Executive issues
- Leadership, employee engagement, and culture
- Operations and regulations
- Risk reduction
- Safety management systems
- Safety measurement
Most sessions count toward continuing education credits.
Keynote and Session Topics
It’s difficult for organizations to unite employees under a mission, even one dedicated to safety, where the risks can be fatal. NSC tackles safety topics from a variety of perspectives, to make the issues and solutions more concrete, with practical takeaways for every level.
A broad range of safety topics will be covered, including serious injury and fatality prevention, projections about how safety will function in the future and descriptions about how catastrophes happen: the ideas, beliefs, and delusions that lead to accidents. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and contribute to interactive discussions as well.
Taking a deeper dive into safety themes, the safety sessions offer a way to understand the space and learn how to:
- Manage safety and health in an organization
- Recognize and counteract hazards, including dusts, vapors, noise, radiation, heat stress, biological concerns and ergonomics challenge
- Create a safety-centric culture, empowering employees
- Progress career and move into management
- Create safety programs based on proper ergonomics and awareness
- Gauge, measure and qualify success of a safety program
- Better engage employees during training
- Make equipment decisions based on OSHA and ANSI standards and updates
- Understand the nature of risk, from human perception and error to intention
- Fall protection crossover to general industry
- Maintain safety quality with temporary workers
The sessions and keynotes aren’t your only opportunity to learn about safety at NSC. FIXFAST will be onsite stationed at a booth 501 to demonstrate equipment and discuss your safety concerns and issues. How can we be of help? We welcome the chance to hear about your roof safety issues–and offer suggestions to make projects safer. Visit us at NSC!