Roof-related injuries and fatalities remain an important concern for many construction businesses and workers. It is critical for your business to have the right roof access and fall protection system in place for all workers. Our company is determined to provide maximum safety and minimum fuss for the operations of your business. We want to help you save more lives and make sure that your employees are getting home safely at the end of the day.
Continue reading to learn more about our passion, goals and why we do what we do.
We Save Lives
Our passion as a company is to provide the right fall protection systems to help your business prevent injuries and save lives. We know that working on a roof is a major risk for your employees. Unfortunately, there are many fall hazards on the roof that can lead to death if the right fall protection system isn’t in place.
The bright side here is that you can take action to prevent roof-related deaths at the worksite. There are many situations in which you can prevent a potentially fatal fall by taking proactive measures to prevent them. To help ensure roof worker safety, we provide many different products that can make your roof operations safer and provide you peace of mind.
Our roof access and fall protection systems include Kattclimb fixed ladder systems, Kattguard roof guard rails, Kattwalk walkway systems, Kombi modular access system and Kattconnect anchor point and lifeline systems. Our systems give your employees the sense of security they need when working on rooftops. They can assure you that there will be fewer serious falls thanks to our reliable fall protection solutions.
Making Sure Workers at Height Get Home Safely
We are passionate about making sure that all height workers arrive home safely at the end of the day. We understand that construction work, by its nature, is riskier than other types of work. Being mindful of these risks means preventing any and all unnecessary accidents and injuries. Our goal is to make sure that both the construction worker and our client’s business have the necessary fall protection systems in place to avoid these types of problems.
Here are some questions that business owners should ask themselves when determining if their roof access is safe:
- Is your roof access method compliant with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)? Knowing if your roof meets the correct safety standards is the easiest way to make sure that you have a safe roof.
- How many times has your business experienced a fall? It might be a good idea to find out the number of roof-related accidents that have occurred, where the accidents are most often occurring and the main reason causing these accidents. If you have not experienced any accidents or falls at your building, that’s a good thing! However, you still may want to ensure that all the hazards have been addressed. This step is the best way to prevent any future incidents from occurring.
- Is your roof access system secure for workers who need to get to the roof? It might be a good idea to reach out to your height workers and ask them if they feel the access to the roof of your building is unreliable. Through this process, you can make sure that you are addressing any concerns early on.
- When was the last time you checked your roof for any fall hazards? It might be a good idea to get your roof checked for any fall hazards and identify the necessary fall prevention solutions.
- Would previous fall incidents have been preventable with better access to the roof or better fall protection systems for height workers? This question can be a great way to find what specific parts of the roof need better protection systems.
- Are your height workers well-informed about the different types of risks involved when working on a roof? By making sure that your workers are informed of the risks and have the tools they need to learn about prevention, they can take their safety into their own hands and have a direct impact on fall prevention. Educating your employees is a great step to decrease the number of potentially serious roof falls.
Stay Safe With FIXFAST USA
No matter the business, the safety of the height workers should be a top priority. By being thoughtful about your current system and possible areas for improvement, you can determine what to change and how to seek help. As a family-owned business with decades of expertise, we understand your needs and will form a working partnership to help you meet your safety goals. Our roof safety products help ensure maximum safety and minimum fuss for your business and workers.
We provide additional resources and programs that you can use to get a better idea of how to create a safe working environment for your employees, especially your height workers. If you are interested in getting a quote for your business building, we are happy to help.
Our BHAG (Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal)
You may or may not have heard the term Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal. It refers to an important and ambitious goal that a company is striving to reach. At FIXFAST USA, our BHAG is to Kattclimb into space! More specifically, we want to climb 62 miles of Kattclimb ladder rungs into space! By completing this goal, we would have 62 miles of Kattclimb in total installed on our client’s roofs. Currently, we’ve installed approximately eight miles of Kattclimb ladder rungs.
At FIXFAST USA, our BHAG goal is more than just a goal. Rather, it’s a way of continuing our passion since 1975 — bringing our safety systems to our business clients and height workers in order to save lives and provide peace of mind. Help us get to our 62-mile BHAG goal by contacting us today!