When it comes to fall safety, taking precautions and understanding regulations can keep everyone on the job site safe. At FIXFAST USA, we understand the role education plays in fall prevention. That’s why we develop programs to help workers stay aware of hazards. With continuous training and premium fall safety equipment, you can improve your productivity while protecting others.
Our mission is to provide safe conditions for workers at elevated heights. With our programs, workers everywhere can take the necessary precautions to guard themselves against falls on the job. Learn more about how our current programs will benefit your team.
High Five™ is a five-step program that helps you discover problem areas on your job site. Our plan walks you through your job site so you can find unsafe areas and prevent accidents. We want to make sure that everyone makes it home, and installing fall prevention is the first step.
Education Prevents FAlls
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) notes that falls are the leading cause of death in the construction industry. OSHA also states that many of these falls are preventable. As an employer, there are some important considerations to take when planning a job and determining project goals.
Some questions to ask yourself include:
- What work needs to be done?
- How will we accomplish that work?
- Where are the potential hazards located?
Employers must provide fall protection systems and keep their employees safe. FIXFAST USA programs simplify your search for hazards and give you the tools you need to help your employees. With our programs and products, you will have both the tools and information you need to protect your team on every job site.
The best starting point for ensuring your business complies with OSHA regulations is developing a comprehensive fall protection plan outlining a safety strategy for your employees working at high elevations. These plans detail your fall protection methods and the equipment you use to ensure safety. Because each job site is different, you’ll need a separate program for each new location.
Implementing our KATTCARE and High Five programs establishes a strong foundation for an effective fall protection plan.
What to Include in a Fall Protection Safety Plan
An all-inclusive fall protection plan has multiple components and should provide as much detail as possible. Some critical elements you should include in your plan are:
- Job site information: General site information includes the company in charge of the project, job site location, key workers and the job foreman.
- Hazard assessments: Because some sites contain many potential hazards, documenting each one regardless of the risk level is crucial. Dangers can include floor holes, cracks, window openings, elevator shafts and skylights.
- Types of fall protection equipment: While OSHA requires companies to provide safety equipment for their employees, the specific type can vary from job to job. Some examples might include lifelines, harnesses and guardrails. Your plan should indicate all equipment particulars, including the manufacturer.
- Assembly instructions: Your plan should contain specific assembly, maintenance and disassembly instructions for all equipment. OSHA requires regular inspections to ensure functionality.
- Storage: Because exposure to the elements can affect your equipment’s performance, it’s critical to have suitable storage methods when the equipment is not in use.
- Overhead protection: Your plan should document all forms of overhead protection for your employees, including hard-hat requirements.
- Rescue plan protocols: The rescue section of your plan should outline actions your workers need to take when an accident occurs, like locating first-aid kits and using the appropriate emergency numbers.
- Employee certification and training: Your plan should contain a form from each employee showing they have successfully undergone training for all program components.
Although these recommendations offer a general outline of what you should include in a protection plan, remember that each strategy can vary depending on the fall hazards at each job site.
Helping Your Business Get OSHA Compliant With Fall Protection
Selecting the Most Beneficial Fall Protection Equipment
One of the most vital parts of a fall protection plan is partnering with an equipment provider you can trust. FIXFAST USA offers a comprehensive selection of products that can meet your project needs, comply with regulations and deliver the highest safety levels.
Besides furnishing you with the highest-quality, most durable OSHA-compliant equipment available, we support our clients with system recommendations, product guidance, installation support, inspection guidelines and more. We also encourage our customers to visit our facility to see how we operate and experience our company culture.
FIXFAST USA began in 1975 as a family-owned business dedicated to protecting workers from fall dangers. Over 40 years later, family is still the centerpiece for all that we do. With today’s technology and safety requirements, we provide the most trusted access and fall protection solutions.
We do more than provide equipment — we educate workers and encourage them to protect themselves. Our programs are part of our educational outreach. With proper training and quality fall protection equipment, every worker can go to the job site confident that they will make it home.
Browse our complete inventory of fall safety and access solutions. To learn more about our available options, contact us online for a free quote or to speak with one of our experts. Together, we can find the perfect system for your job site and workers.